Saturday, May 19, 2007

Guess who's 30?!!!


For my 30th birthday, Chris surprised me with a mystery weekend trip to Chicago. I had know idea where we were headed or what was in store for me. To my surprise, we pulled into the W on Lakeshore! I love the W! We rested for a bit (us mommas gotta rest), and got all gussied up for dinner. This was the first time I've seen him in a suit and tie since our wedding! Ooh, la, la!


We walked to dinner just a few blocks from our hotel... I was still completely in the dark about where we were going. (For all I knew we were going to the Cheesecake Factory.) Instead Chris took me to one of the top 5 restaurants in the country - TRU! The decor was amazing, and all of the staff were better dressed than we were!

We chose from one of the chef's collections. These were served in mini-portions, or sometimes served as single bites. I think when all was said and done, we had about 30 courses of food! I was SO full, but I kept eyeing this cart with lollipops on it that kept going around. I can't tell you how excited I was when the lollipop cart finally stopped at our table. Now that's one happy birthday girl!!

Our hostess volunteered to snap a picture of us as we left. Man was I full, just look at my belly!! If that wasn't enough, on the way our they gave us two mini-lemon pound cakes for breakfast the next day!

The next day was much more casual. We ordered breakfast in bed. I don't know how I ever ate again after our marathon dinner the night before, but somehow I choked down pancakes with brandied bananas and some freshly squeezed OJ! Go figure.

Later that day Chris had another surprise up his sleeve. He took me to see Blue Man Group - which I just love! I think Caleb enjoyed the show best of all. When the drums really got going, he would kick and move in my belly. I can just picture him doing little baby head-bobs to the music in my belly at his first rock concert!!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

What a cute couple! Now, how did I miss your birthday? And your 30th at that? Happy Birthday, friend. Love you!