Monday, February 11, 2008

Mr. Big Stuff is 6 Months Old!

It's hard to believe that Caleb is already 6 months old. The last few months have been a blur of dirty diapers and middle of the night feedings. I thought it would never end. But here we are-- 6 months old. Caleb is now sleeping through the night like a champ. He usually goes down around 7:30 and wakes up promptly at 6am for a bottle before returning to sleep for another hour or two. I never would have thought that getting up at 6am would feel like such a luxury.

Caleb is also sitting up really well now. I can sit him down on his play mat and he will contentedly occupy himself for a half hour or so. Occasionally he'll plop over when something is beyond his reach and eventually ends up on his tummy... but he doesn't seem to mind. We're still working on the belly to back maneuver, but for now mommy usually has to rescue him from this position.

We've started eating sweet potatoes, carrots, squash (yuck), and apples. Surprisingly, carrots are his Fave. As thrilled as I am that he is expanding his pallete... I'd have to say that I'm not thrilled about the new odors coming from his diapers.

Caleb is all smiles! Strangers and friends alike always comment on how happy he is. I'd have to say it's true. Although I attribute most of it to his schedule, as his mommy I'd have to agree that he IS a really special baby, and such a delight to be around.

Happy 6 months Caleb!



No comments: