Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The best looking winkie in Hamilton County!

On March 31st, Caleb went to Riley Hospital to have his botched circumcision revised. I'll spare you the details, but it was one of those things that is better to do sooner rather than later. Chris and I weren't that concerned about the surgery itself, but we were terrified about Caleb being put under general anesthetia. My mom came along with us for a little moral support - and it's a good thing she did because Caleb found her plastic folder to be quite mesmerizing!

6:30 in the morning and he still looks cute!
Daddy gave Caleb some final snuzzles before he went back for his surgery.


Caleb was pretty much in hysterics when they finally brought him back to us. Partly due to the anesthetia, but mostly because he hadn't eaten in like 15 hours! Once we got a bottle in him, he snuggled in and took a nice long nap.

I was SO thrilled that my precious little peanut was okay. I had prayed that God would give me a peace and reassurance that we were doing the right thing. The funny thing was that our room nurse was a dear friend of mine who I was on the women's discipleship walk with, and we also found out that our surgeon attends our church. It was like a little hug from the BIG GUY saying that Caleb was in his hands. I don't know why I ever doubt just how BIG and amazing our God truly is.

The good news is that Caleb's doctor said that he would soon have the "best looking penis in Hamilton County" (her words not mine) and that he was now "straight as an arrow" ( again, her words). I would have to say that after 3 weeks of healing, she just might be right!

1 comment:

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

Poor little man. There's a LOT of this botchedness going around. Our little nephew just had the same thing done. A re-do that is. [Ah]