Caleb absolutely refuses to eat vegetables. I don't know what happened. He was such a good eater as a baby. We would often brag to our friends about how well he ate and how diverse and open he was to trying new foods. I guess we should have kept our mouths shut because now he won't eat anything except cheese, fruit and chicken.
So, that said, I've had to become a bit creative with my meals and even a bit sneaky in my preparations. Here is any idea for my mom friends. Take a pita (without the pocket, like they use for gyros) and us that as your pizza crust. Then mix 1 part carrot puree to 1 part spaghetti sauce and use that as the sauce. Then choose a few non-green veggies to slice on top and conceal them with a layer of cheese.
I'll have to admit that Caleb still finds the offending veggies and pick some of them out, but atleast I know that I got in some carrots and a few of the veggie toppings without much struggle.
It just takes a few minutes in the oven on 400. Caleb loves to watch it cook, so I turn the light on for him to take a peek.
No comments:
Post a Comment