Momma and Dadda have been working hard to spend as much time with me as possible in the NICU. So I thought I'd take the time to update you on how I'm doing. Here I am all "hooked up" as dadda tells me. I really don't like my splint holding my IV in. I especially didn't like it when they first put it on. Its also very noisy in here. Luckily I learned to sleep through anything while inside mom's belly. She was especially noising after eating and drinking.
Momma is breastfeeding me, but she is supplementing with formula since I'm still hungry at this point with her milk still coming in and since she wants to get me out of the NICU! I've been a good eater today and am eating 1-2 ounces at every feeding!
My favorite thing so far is all of the holding I get from momma and dadda. They are so warm and talk to me about my big brother Caleb. I can't wait to hang out with him at home. By the way, momma and dadda said the doctor found no cultures in my blood draws so far after 48 hours. Momma and dadda even cried with joy and priased God when they found out from the doctor today that I should be able to go home with them tomorrow (Wednesday) as early as noon. Of course this assumes they verify my white blood cell/billirubin count show improvement and the 72 hour culture stills comes up negative. I hope everything works out. I know it would make momma and dadda happy as they clearly miss my brother Caleb. Plus I can't wait to see my new home they have been telling me about.
3 comments:
I JUST read that Aidan was born! I'm so behind the times! Wow, you'd think I had three children under the age of 2!! Congrats and hooray! We're celebrating with you! Can't wait to hold him! He looks just like his big brother. We're praying he gets to come home with you tomorrow!
yeah! Glad to hear you are all well:)
we will continue to lift your family in our prayers.
Such great news about him coming home soon (maybe it already happened?!)! He looks like Caleb in that last pic. [Ah]
Post a Comment