Friday, August 8, 2008

Turn Baby Turn!!!

I just wanted to give you an update on how things are progressing at the Reed household. As you know, last week Aidan was still in the breech position and we were presented with either trying to turn him manually through a procedure called external cephalic version or opting for a C-section. I really didn't like either option. After speaking with my physician earlier in the week he told me that he changed his mind (I guess they can do that?) and decided that I was not a good candidate for the cephalic version due to my high-risk pregnancy and history. I was happy that he had made the call, but I was still convinced that Aidan might make the move on his own. So with a lot of prayer and a little dance I like to call the "Turn Baby Turn" dance, we achieved success! Today when we went in our doctor had trouble finding Aidan's head in his usual hangout under my right ribcage (ouch!), and after a quick ultrasound we found the little booger locked and loaded, head down, and ready to roll. So now, if we can just convince him to stay there for a few more weeks, we should be in good shape for another vaginal delivery! (Chris said that I should apologize for using the word "vaginal" for all of you boys out there. I said "what-ever.")

And in case any of you mommas are presented with this situation in the future and would like to try the "Turn Baby Turn" dance on your own, it goes something like this: First you must lift up your shirt and tuck it below your boobs to achieve ultimate visibility of your massiveness. Next you place your hands on your hips and thrust your belly forward and backward while singing "Turn Baby Turn" to the tune of "Disco Inferno" by the Trammps:



Also, and a VERY IMPORTANT part of this maneuver's success is to absolutely have your spouse present to cheer you on!

Thanks for everyone's prayers and support. Not much longer now!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from all of your friends at Estridge and HOMExperience. We're so happy for your entire family.